Monday, July 4, 2011

Ekspres-i Technique for Reading


Today, I'm teaching my preschooler on how to read based on Ekspres-i technique. He seems to learn fast and easy using this method.

He has learnt how to pronounce 'a' and 'ba' easily and I have taught him also how to write capital and small letters for A, B, and C. I will teach him 2-3 letters per day so that he can catch up easily with the letters. Preschoolers don't like to learn in a long period of time because they would prefer playing instead of learning.

I also gave him some few stars and 10 stars if he does all well. He seems excited of me giving the stars and it looks like this rewarding way encourage him to learn more ahead.

Sometimes he becomes playful when was asked what are the letters. He would smile and babble when he actually knows what the letters are. I told him that he has to be serious or else teacher at the preschool will scold him. It somehow helps a bit.

At times, he looks bored and purposely nodded his head down with sour face. I take it slowly because I know we can't force him to learn but let it come naturally and we only encourage him in any ways that we could. When he did that, I just asked him which letter you would like to write and he choose the letter L. When he writes the letter L, he got it all right because the letter itself is easy to write. Then, I said you can choose any letter that you like, then I will check and give you stars if it's correct. So today, he learned the letter L and J besides the A, B, C.

This is a good beginning for him to start on the basic 3M. I will ensure he knows to write all the alphabets and at least a little bit on knowing how to read when he enters the preschool next year. At least, he has some basic knowledge for him to feel more confidence in school. It will be good if he has the self-esteem to mix around with the kids at his age. I also want him to be more matured.

Not to make him see himself more clever than other kids, but he would be able to see himself as a good boy helping other kids, show respect to the teachers, and follow the teachers' orders.

While writing this blog, my preschooler is asleep on the sofa. It is very rare that he sleeps on the sofa himself. Usually he would ask for milk and sleep. My baby has grown so fast and I'm fortunate that I'm here at home with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment